BRISBANE, Australia (CMC):West Indies were staring at a humiliating innings defeat in the face after an all-too-familiar second-innings batting collapse left them hanging by a thread, on the penultimate day of their four-day tour match against a youthful Cricket Australia XI here yesterday.Trailing by 201 on first innings after watching the hosts convert their overnight 245 for four into 444 all out at the Allan Border Field, West Indies slumped to 125 for seven at the close, still requiring a further 76 runs to avoid a demoralising defeat.Captain Jason Holder was unbeaten on 26 and partnered by tail-ender Kemar Roach on nine, with only Devendra Bishoo and Shannon Gabriel to come.Carlos Brathwaite has so far top-scored with a robust 31,batting at number eight, while opener Rajindra Chandrika and the experienced Marlon Samuels both scored 21.Of the top six, they were the only ones to make it past 15 as two debutant seamers, Ryan Lees and James Bazley, ripped through the West Indies top order to leave the innings in tatters at 59 for six.The 21-year-old Lees finished with three for 37 and Bazley, only 20, claimed two for 39, while leg-spinner Cameron Boyce picked up two for 56.The display will be worrying for West Indies ahead of next week’s first Test, especially coming against a side fielding six players on first-class debut.They were in trouble from as early as the fourth ball of the innings when Kraigg Brathwaite perished without scoring, caught at point by Bazley off Lees, without a run on the board.Left-hander Darren Bravo followed soon afterward for five, nicking a defensive prod at Bazley behind, to leave the tourists on seven for two.Chandrika, who faced 47 balls and struck two fours, then repaired the innings somewhat in a 29-run, third-wicket stand with Samuels who faced 53 deliveries and also counted two fours.Bazley, however, removed Chandrika to a catch in the slips by substitute Tim Paine and with a run added in the next over, Lees removed Jermaine Blackwood without scoring to a catch at the wicket, as the Windies tumbled to 37 for four.
Zoning bylaws for adult entertainment establishments aren’t defined as such in our city, instead being placed under the liquor establishment umbrella, which is defined as “a development where the primary purpose is to sell liquor. Typical uses include but are not limited to beverage rooms, cocktail lounge, cabarets, nightclubs and neighbourhood pubs.”Liquor establishments are permitted in parts of the downtown core, general commercial and service commercial areas, which the city sees as a potential conflict given the varied uses within these zones.City staff is now seeking direction for council to review, define and establish suitable separation in potential locations for adult entertainment.- Advertisement -The city is now be holding off on distributing development permits, building permits, and business licenses for adult entertainment establishments until the amendment is completed.City staff is working on a full report outlining options for council.
0Shares0000Will he stay or go? Arsenal’s Chilean striker Alexis Sanchez © AFP / Adrian DENNISSYDNEY, Australia, Jul 11 – Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger Tuesday insisted unsettled striker Alexis Sanchez is going nowhere, saying he expected him honour his contract and potentially sign an extension.The Chilean, 28, has a year left on his Gunners deal but is yet to sign a new contract and has been linked with a move to Bayern Munich and Manchester City. Reports in Britain have said he could be offloaded for up to 80 million pounds (US$103 million, 90 million euros), but Wenger suggested this won’t happen.“The players have contracts and we expect them to respect their contracts. That’s what we want,” he said in Sydney about the striker.Asked if he remained determined to keep Sanchez and not let him go to a Premier League rival, Wenger replied: “Yes, that is a continuation of what I said at the end of the season. That’s what we will do.“He adds great value to the squad and I think as well he is a great lover of the club.”Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger arrives for a press conference in Sydney on July 11 ahead of two pre-season football friendlies © AFP / WILLIAM WESTSanchez, who at times last season cut a disgruntled figure as Arsenal struggled with form and uncertainty over Wenger’s future, is not on the team’s pre-season tour to Australia as he rests after last month’s Confederation’s Cup.But Wenger said reports that the Chilean ace had informed him that he wanted to leave the club were not true, replying with a curt “No”.He added: “I think the easiest way to manage a player is in the final year of his contract. It is in his interest to do as well as he can.“Nobody knows today if Sanchez will be on his final year of his contract next season, because he can extend his contract with us at the start of the season or during the season.“So it is not necessarily the last year of his contract at Arsenal Football Club.”Arsenal play two pre-season friendlies in Sydney this week, against Sydney FC on Thursday and Western Sydney Wanderers on Saturday.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)