CEO Todd Greenberg said fines totalling $350,000 had been imposed on the Gold Coast Titans, St George Illawarra Dragons and Newcastle Knights.He said that, following consideration of submissions from each club, the penalties would be: o Gold Coast Titans $50,000 (with a further $100,000 suspended) for incidents involving Kane Elgey and Ryan Simpkins o St George Illawarra Dragons $50,000 (with a further $50,000 suspended) for an incident involving Josh Dugan o Newcastle Knights $50,000 (with a further $50,000 suspended) for an incident involving Brendan ElliotIn a letter to each club, Mr Greenberg emphasised that the NRL did not question the commitment, integrity or professionalism of their medical and training staff.”We acknowledge the difficult job they face in the modern game and we are exploring ways to provide more support to our medical officers,” he said.The NRL noted that none of the clubs had previously breached the head injury protocols and it had therefore been decided to suspend part of the penalty. Mr Greenberg said the suspended portion of the fines will only be imposed if the clubs breach the head injury rules again during the next 12 months.”These penalties are another reminder to all clubs that player safety is vitally important and we will take a tough stand against any breach of the head injury assessment rules,” he said.Mr Greenberg said he was pleased by the game’s response since the breach notices were issued.”All clubs have acted responsibly to remove players from the field for head injury assessments and we hope and expect that will continue,” he said.Mr Greenberg said the three clubs could accept their sanctions or apply to take their cases to the NRL Appeals Committee. (NRL CEO Todd Greenberg. Credit: Grant Trouville. Copyright: NRL Photos.)
Photo by: GETTY IMAGES (Caption: Sean O’Brien says the Lions were over-trained ahead of the first and third tests against the All Blacks) The Irish flanker said the team was over-trained ahead of the first test, which the All Blacks won 30-15, and the drawn third test.”To be honest, I’d be pretty critical of it because I think we should have won the tour and we probably should have won it comfortably,” O’Brien said in an interview with OffTheBall.com.”There’s the best players in the world on a Lions tour. I know you are playing the best team in the world, but with the quality and strength in depth we had we probably should have won the tour. It wasn’t down to fatigue. It was probably management a bit, in terms of how our weeks went.””The first week, we definitely over-trained on the Thursday and maybe the coaches were panicking a little bit about getting the information into us,” O’Brien said.”On the first week [of the first test], we had a triple [session] day, [the] lads’ legs were heavy on the Thursday and we were playing the All Blacks on Saturday.”We did nearly a similar thing in the last week. So maybe it’s more [from] a coaching point of view, in terms of taking lessons.”O’Brien played in all three tests including the victory in the second test in Wellington.
Bouncing back from last week’s 50-10 humiliation at the hands of Melbourne, the hosts on Saturday night handed the Tigers their third straight loss and their biggest defeat of the season.Dampening any major celebrations was the sight of key playmakers Issac Luke (arm/shoulder) and Shaun Johnson (leg) escorted from the field in the second half.That veteran hooker Luke was even playing was remarkable given the club had initially said his knee injury suffered against the Storm required a four-week break.His replacement, Karl Lawton, made the most of his first game for the club, darting over for two late tries to cap a compelling team display.The result means the Warriors are assured of finishing round nine in second place with a 7-2 record while the Tigers (5-4) will slip from fifth to a mid- table berth.The Tigers’ previous losses had been by two points but they were a distinct second-best on Saturday, with their cause not helped by two players spending time in the sin bin.Winger David Nofoaluma was dispatched in the first half for a professional foul while Elijah Taylor was marched after halftime in a ruling that was contested furiously by Tigers co-captain Benji Marshall.The Warriors capitalised on their man advantage on both occasions, through respective tries to winger Ken Maumalo and Johnson.Maumalo scored down the vacant flank through a perfectly floated pass from the excellent Blake Green while Johnson started and finished a sweeping 60m try down his team’s potent right edge.Competition leading try-scorer David Fusitu’a was first on the scoresheet for the Warriors, giving him 11 for the season.Fusitu’a was bowled out of the way when equally hulking opposite Mahe Fonua crossed to leave the Tigers trailing 12-4 at the break.
The aquathlon event consists of a run, swim, run event comprising of three categories, Under 13, Under 18 and Open Age category.The juniors’ races will be dominated by kids from the Gordons Barracks Triathlon Club, SCRAM Port Moresby, Sankamap Triathlon Club and an all-girl team from Marianville High School Triathlon Club. The juniors will be in the under 13 years and the under 18 years group. The races will start at 6.30am with the U13 doing a 500 metre run, a 200 metre swim and a 500 metre run. The U18 will comprise a one kilometre run, a 250 metre swim and a one kilometre run to conclude.The Open Age category which starts at 7.30am will comprise a one kilometre run, a 500 metre swim and a two kilometre run at the end. The races will be done as individuals or in relay teams of three.Events director Stephen Damien thanked PNG Defence Force Navy element for giving the approval to use their base.“We are thankful as this venue may not be available to us next year when the base relocates to the other side of Port Moresby harbour,” he said.The Royal Papua Yacht Club will also be providing water safety assistance and the PNG Triathlon technical officials will be officiating during the races.The National Gaming Control Board is the main sponsor of the event. The main prizes will be mountain bikes for the three categories.“It has been a while since we have included children’s races so we are looking forward to a great crowd and a great family atmosphere,” Damien said.Registration is K2 for kids and K5 for adults or K6 for junior teams and K15 for Open Age teams.
Aitape is in Sandaun Province and is connected by a 177.4 km stretch of highway to Wewak, the East Sepik capital. Futsal is a modified form of soccer played with five players per side on a smaller pitch.ESFA president Clearance Hukahu said a one day clinic will be held this Wednesday, followed by a trial competition which will see 12 men’s and 6 women’s teams starting their inaugural competition.He said that the ESFA assistance followed a request from Aitape sports officers after their participation in the East Sepik grassroots games two months ago.Hukahu believes futsal will help lift the standard of soccer in the country.ESFA has seven local associations and they have held a competition in Wewak for the last 10 years. Futsal is recognized by the soccer world governing body, FIFA and is played globally.Caption: File picture of ESFA competition in Wewak.
Laro’s football tastes match those of his father, although his youth team surprises: “I used to be from Madrid, as a child. But it was watching Messi play …, and now I’m from Barça. By Messi”. He is also aware of the pressure that Quique will be subjected to: “He is training the best in the world, in one of the best teams in Europe. It’s Barça, everyone knows Messi, Suárez, everyone” . Although he does not doubt the character of the former Betis to handle the costumes: “My father gets angry when he has to get angry, but he’s a close guy who helps you whenever he can. “Finally, he acknowledged that the rapidity of events has left him barely dealing with his father: “Nothing, since the presentation I have barely been able to talk to him calmly.” Moment after which he was asked about one of the topics he has most talked about after the staging of Setién, the famous cows: “At the end of the day we live in a country town. Cows, goats, there is everything there“, he slipped without giving more importance, to which he adds:” I go whenever I have time “. Laro Setién, son of the new coach of Barcelona, has analyzed the arrival of his father in Can Barça: “I do not know if the dream, but it is the illusion of his life, that sure”, recognized the player of the Sant Andreu of the Third Catalan Division in the microphones of ‘El Larguero’ of the SER chain. “Things are seen on social networks and you see dad’s name coming out”, he says about how he learned about Barca’s interest in incorporating his father into the squad. “I call him and ask him, but In the end it was he who told me. He told me he was coming to see me (Sant Andreu plays in San Andrés de Palomar, in Barcelona) and I figured a little there. Although with networks sometimes you find out sooner than by your close people. “
Complicated match: “We started bad. We do not play in the first half. In the second we were fine, we played a good game, with more chances of danger. We lost some time. Back in October we lived with lost times and we did it again. It is my responsibility”.Prick: “LaLiga is different from the Super Cup and if you go wrong, the rivals outperform you. We can win and lose against anyone. ”Defensive error in the first goal: “I would have to watch it on television. I hope the VAR serves to add up. ” Ipurua:“It is a very difficult field. Here we won 0-1 or 1-2. Today was a similar game. They took advantage of our neglects in the first half and we were able to score in the second half. We were notified three times and the third was a goal. We did not control the game, there was no great dominance of the opponent but we did not play. They played as always, with intensity, very clear ideas, the concepts that the team needs. I congratulate you. “Increase the distance with the leader: “You have to go slowly, be patient and know what the goal is. We care about us, not those above or below. ”The marker invites to sign a nine: “No, a result does not lead me to think about something we have been talking about for quite some time.”Saul on the left side: “In the second half he played a fantastic game.”
In any case, Rodrigo leaves or stays, What is clear is that the Hispanic-Brazilian soccer player goes through a mentally complicated moment. From his agent he is informed of all the movements but while everything is solved, he must be focused on the day to day of Valencia, just as it happened last summer. A few months ago it cost him and now, because of the nonverbal language that Rodrigo left on the grass, it seems that he also. In any case, this is your week. In five days everything will be resolved. In any case, the unknown will dissipate in five days. On Friday the market closes and Valencia will know if it has Rodrigo or not until the end of the season. Likewise, if it ends up leaving it remains to be seen if Valencia is going for a substitute (Alcácer). “You have to be prepared,” Román Bellver said before the game against Barcelona. Valencia shined and beat Barcelona and Mestalla exploded after the referee whistled the end of the game. The players made pineapple but there was a footballer who went to the locker room, thinking that, perhaps, this could be his last match at Mestalla. Something similar happened at the end of the closing of the summer market, in the matches against Real Sociedad and Mallorca, when his signing for Atlético de Madrid was closed and in the end it was not consumed. This time The one interested in signing is Barcelona and Peter Lim, again, would not oppose the transfer if the 60 million is secured, either now or at the end of the season, through a mandatory purchase option. Jorge Mendes continues to move the threads although in recent hours Rac1 reported that Barcelona was going to sign a striker who was not Rodrigo.
So far this year, the young midfielder He has scored three goals and has distributed six assists, being indisputable in his team since the beginning of this course and participating in the Europa League. Nevertheless, Arsenal knows that if he waits for the European Championship (starts before the market opens, but ends after it has opened) and they summon you, their price can rise quickly, so they want to hurry to hire you before they debut with your selection and leave them competition.The British newspaper explains that the English would be willing to offer 23 million pounds for the Turkish footballer, that is, 26.5 million euros. The Brazilian sports director, Edu, has looked at him and labeled him a priority, so it is expected to be one of the first additions once the transfer window is opened. The Arsenal It has already begun to move to make the template next year. Dani Ceballos will return to Real Madrid next season, since its assignment did not include purchase option, and the set gunner It should be reinforced with a player who has a similar profile. Köckü is 19 years old, right-handed and Arsenal has been monitoring him for some time. It was formed in the quarry of Groningen and in Feyenoord’s, and although he was playing with Holland until the U19, has come to play two games with the U21 Turkey. That’s why, according to Daily Mail, The English club has set its sights on Orkun Köckü. He still does not have the same experience or the same quality as Spanish, but his role in the field is similar, helping to develop the creativity of the Feyenoord.
In fact, Barca have already informed the midfielder that they are counting on him to carry out the preseason with the first team led by Quique Setién. It will be the coach who assesses whether he can count on minutes or it is better that he leave on loan to continue his development.Also, Ajax, by the hand of its sports director Marc Overmars has also probed the possibility of having a footballer who could fit perfectly into the philosophy of the club Dutch. This option would be a leap in Pedri’s career, although everything indicates that his future is in Spain, either in the Santander League or in the Smartbank League with a UD Las Palmas that counts on him for the coming season, as the yellow coach Pepe Mel has stated. The talented footballer, just 17 years old, Pedri, who has been named the most valuable footballer in the entire Second Division Spanish, with a value of eight million euros, according to the website specialized in the transfer market Transfermarkt, monopolizes many focuses of a good part of several First Division teams to count on their services next season.According to various media, Real Betis, Celta de Vigo and Real Sociedad have already requested their future transfer, where the Sevillian team would have an advantage over the rest of the requests given the good relationship with FC Barcelona.The Tenerife player has started in the 26 games that have been available with Las Palmas (He only missed five through meetings with Spain U17), he has scored three goals and has distributed three assists in his first year in the professional world. It is clear that this waste of quality and creativity has not gone unnoticed and It will be the Catalan team, who signed him last summer for five million euros, who decides his future.