first_img Falsettos Falsettoland continues to populate! Tony nominee Brandon Uranowitz, Tracie Thoms and Betsy Wolfe have boarded the cast of the upcoming revival of Falsettos. The trio will take on the roles of psychiatrist Mendel and Marvin’s neighbors Charlotte and Cordelia, respectively. They join the previously announced Christian Borle, Stephanie J. Block and Andrew Rannells.Also added to the lineup is Anthony Rosenthal, who will make his Broadway debut as Marvin’s son, Jason. Co-book writer James Lapine will direct the revival. Performances will begin on September 29 at the Walter Kerr Theatre, where the production will open officially on October 27. The limited run is scheduled to conclude on January 8, 2017.Uranowitz earned a Tony nomination in 2015 for his performance in An American in Paris. His additional credits include Baby It’s You on Broadway, Twelfth Night off-Broadway and Rent on tour. Thoms made her Broadway debut in Rent (after appearing in the film adaptation) and went on to take the stage in Drowning Crow and Stick Fly. Wolfe, who recently starred in Disney’s lab presentation of Frozen, has appeared on Broadway previously in Bullets Over Broadway, The Mystery of Edwin Drood, Everyday Rapture and 110 in the Shade.The musical by Lapine and William Finn follows Marvin, who struggles to create a “tight knit family” out of his eclectic array of core relationships, including his ex-wife, his new boyfriend, his adolescent son, his psychiatrist and his neighbors. Amidst a series of life changes, he is forced to reckon with his own views on love, responsibility and what it means to be a man. Show Closed This production ended its run on Jan. 8, 2017 Related Showscenter_img View Comments Brandon Uranowitz, Tracie Thoms & Betsy Wolfe(Photos: Bruce Glikas)last_img read more

first_img“The doctors will continue to closely monitor me over the next several months to assure my progress remains on the right track,” Darling said, in part, in the statement. “I look forward to rejoining my partners Gary (Thorne) and Keith (Hernandez).”pic.twitter.com/AAtLR9FWYx— Ron Darling Jr (@RonDarlingJr) June 3, 2019Darling has been on a leave of absence from the SNY booth since mid-April after announcing on the air that doctors had discovered a mass in his chest. Related News pic.twitter.com/9ehkjn5Cyq— Ron Darling Jr (@RonDarlingJr) May 6, 2019He will be on the air Tuesday just shy of a month after making that announcement.Darling, who joined SNY in 2006, had said at the time he stepped away that he hoped to return in May.Darling pitched 13 seasons in the majors, nine of those with the Mets between 1983-91. A member of the club’s 1986 World Series championship team, he compiled a 136-116 record and 3.87 ERA. Mets broadcaster and former MLB pitcher Ron Darling’s thyroid cancer “has been stabilized for now” and he has been cleared to return to the team’s broadcast booth, he said in a statement tweeted Monday.Darling, 58, says he will be back on the air Tuesday with SNY when the Mets host the Giants at Citi Field. “After the removal of the mass on my chest along with further tests, I have been diagnosed with thyroid cancer,” Darling said in a statement via Twitter in early May. “My doctors have said they are optimistic the cancer is treatable and that I would be back on air talking baseball in the next month or so.”center_img Fernando Tatis Jr. injury update: Padres rookie phenom (hamstring) to start rehab MLB trade rumors: Phillies deal for Jay Bruce ‘is complete’last_img read more