first_img May 23, 2019 SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Governor Wolf Issues Statement on Passing of Asian Pacific American Affairs Commissioner Padam Rizalcenter_img Statement Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf issued the following after a Lancaster County fisherman discovered the body of Padam Rizal, who served on the Pennsylvania Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs:“Frances and I are deeply saddened to learn of the death of Padam Rizal, a member of my Pennsylvania Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs. Our sympathies go out to his family, the Harrisburg and broader Bhutanese community, fellow commissioners, friends and associates who mourn his loss.“From a childhood spent exposed to ethnic cleansing in Southern Bhutan, he spent time in refugee camps in Nepal, which shaped his groundbreaking work on refugee resettlement and education. That work is known internationally and considered a model for refugee education, ensuring Padam’s legacy will live on in service to others.“It is our sincere hope that Padam’s passionate dedication to his work to help others in the Asian Pacific American communities is not only his legacy, but also a comfort to his family and friends in this difficult time.“Those of us who knew Padam are grateful for his many contributions to the commonwealth and will miss his indomitable spirit, kindness and compassion for all.”last_img read more

first_imgKALIBO, Aklan – The Sangguniang Bayan in this capital town has opened the franchise renewal of tricycles as public transport through a drop box. “At times, they will be asked to bring lacking documents next time they come,” she added. A tricycle passes through a public terminal in Kalibo, Aklan in this undated photo. The Sangguniang Bayan of Kalibo has opened the franchise renewal of tricycles but should be done through a drop box to ensure the safety of its employees and clients while delivering basic services. JUN AGUIRRE According to her, a drop box has been placed in the OSB where a franchise operator could place his/her documents. The operator will receive a text message when the application for renewal is being processed.center_img After the processing of renewal, the next step for the operator is to pay the fees at the Provincial Treasurer’s Office. The receipt of the payment should be then placed by the applicant in the drop box provided.“We will then inform the operator of the scheduled seminar which is to be done online,” said Dela Cruz./PN “The local government unit of Kalibo, through the Office of the Sangguniang Bayan (OSB), is presently following strict health protocols due to the pandemic brought about by the threats of COVID-19. As such, the LGU-OSB adopts measures that would ensure health and safety of the employees and its clients while able to deliver basic services,” said Vice Mayor Cynthia Dela Cruz.last_img read more

first_imgNew CWI president Ricky Skerritt had earlier this month announced a series of administrative changes including an overhaul of the selection panel, with Robert Haynes replacing Courtney Browne as interim head of selectors. As part of the old selection policy, availability for domestic tournaments was a requirement to be picked for West Indies squads, but Skerritt said selectors would be allowed to pick all players who make themselves available.”I`m really happy the selectors considered me. It shows they have faith in me,” Narine added.”I haven`t played international cricket in so long and this shows how much they want me to come back. It was good to have some conversations with them and I feel we`re all on the same page going forward.”West Indies, champions in 1975 and 1979, begin their World Cup campaign on May 31 against Pakistan in Nottingham. New Delhi : The West Indies Cricket Board (WCB) announced their 15-member squad for the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 on Wednesday, and the squad missed a few big names. The likes of Sunil Narine, Alzzarri Joseph, Kieron Pollard were few known to miss out. On this, Narine expressed his thoughts and said he would have loved to be a part of the national team if his finger was fine. The 30-year-old, who last played a one-day international in 2016, had come into consideration under the new selection policy of Cricket West Indies (CWI) but missed out due to a finger injury on his right hand.”I would have loved to play in the World Cup,” Narine, who is currently playing for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League, told ESPNcricinfo.”I`ve missed international cricket and missed representing the West Indies. It`s where my heart lies. But I don`t feel my finger is quite ready for ODI cricket.””I can get through a T20 where I bowl just four overs. But even that isn`t easy and I need help from the physio. It`s holding me back from playing international cricket. I wouldn`t be able to do myself or the team justice.” highlights Windies announced 15-member squad for the World Cup 2019. Alzarri Joseph, Kieron Pollard, and Sunil Narine were the big names to miss out. Windies will play their first game against Pakistan on May 31.  For all the Latest Sports News News, ICC World Cup News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img